Flat Bed Mitten
Gauge: 5st & 7rows = 1"
For an adult woman
- Closed CO 30 st (crochet or e-wrap).
- Knit 14 rows and reform for ribbing. (You may alter, of course.)
- Reset RC 000. Knit 25 rows increasing one stitch at the beginning of each row.
- Knit opposite end of the carriage, last 7 sts off on WY, hand manipulate if you want.
- Knit Across. Repeat step 4 again.
- Knit 25 more rows for the hand front and back.
- Put 1/2 needles Opposite the Carriage into HP. (Actually you can take the yarn out of the carriage from the left side, and move the carriage over to the right and knit the 1/2 needles off in WY)
- You will now be short-rowing the left half to shape the top of the mitten, then Reverse Short Row which will be grafted together.
- On WP needles, *move 1 needle on carriage side into HP, knit row*.
- Continue in this manner, from *to* until you have 7 sts left in WP. (This will take careful placement of extra weights)
- Knit one more row across so the end of the yarn is in the center of the mitten. (Cut a tail long enough to graft the 2 last rows together of each side, and to sew down the side.)
- Knit these stitches off onto waste yarn.
- Rehang both sides of the outside thumb extensions, making sure the Purl side is facing you.
- K 12 rows.
- Knit 2 more rows, decreasing at the beginning and end of each row. (8 sts)
- Draw thread through sts and remove thumb from bed. (now you don't have anything on the bed again!)
- Graft together mitten top stitches that are on waste yarn.
- Seam up the inside seam of the thumb.
- Sew up side seam.
- Make another mitten.
You may sell the item you make from this pattern (I do not have any right to tell you that you cannot sell the finished product, that is against the law - For more detail on this, please look at this page), you may not sell or give away the pattern itself. Nor shall it be put into any web page or magazine without my consent. Please email me first before doing so. All Rights Reserved
(c) Roberta Rose Kelley 2008
$1 Tax Deductible Donations are VERY MUCH appreciated for all the work that I put into my patterns and/or videos. Don't feel bad if you cannot donate, as that is all it is. Thanks in advance for those that can.